Due to the soaring popularity of candles, the Grand Valley and Disrtict Fire Department offers the following safety tips:
- Always keep a burning candle within sight.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire.
- Keep burning candles out of the reach of children or pets.
- Always read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully.
- Trim wicks to 1/4 inch prior to each use.
- Always use an appropriate candleholder place on a stable, heat-resistant surface.
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
Some documents may be in Adobe PDF format, and will require the Acrobat Reader plugin. Download the Acrobat Reader plugin for your browser.