Due to the soaring popularity of candles, the Grand Valley and Disrtict Fire Department offers the following safety tips:
· Always keep a burning candle within sight.
· Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire.
· Keep burning candles out of the reach of children or pets.
· Always read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully.
· Trim wicks to 1/4 inch prior to each use.
· Always use an appropriate candleholder place on a stable, heat-resistant surface.
· Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.